More on STM32

After testing different choices, I have come to test a package called Platformio that runs over Atom editor. Atom is a multiplatform code editor that looks a bit like Sublime but it is open source and they claim highly hackable.

The nice thing about PlatformIO is that it looks like a nice IDE that can handle a good portion of embedded processors from Arduino variants, to ESP8266 and ESP-32 to many ARM variants from NXP, ST, Atmel, etc.

For the f103c8t6 board I am using I can use the config details above in platformio.ini file in the project folder and it all works nicely on one of my Macs, the one using El Capitan. Unfortunately, my laptop is still running Mavericks and for that it seems there is not a libusb available that plays nicely with ST-Link programmer/debugger dongle.

Now I am going to target my dcservo code for this Cortex M3 processor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VFD control with Arduino using RS485 link

How to get sinusoidal s-curve for a stepper motor

Stepper motor step signal timing calculation