Spanish Stick Font for your project

I have a project where I need to draw some text on a plotter and while I could just use a vectorized Truetype font, that usually comes with the undesired effect of doubling the printing time plus leaving a white background, as the font strokes are made of two different lines.


A stick font consists of a single line. Just googling around I found this program. That happens to include a set of font files that were easy to parse (as they were text files).  This is the font I selected for my purposes:


Originally it did not include the full set of Spanish characters but that was easy to fix, as you can already see them on the picture above. Plus I realized some of the existing characters could be optimized so drawing time could be reduced. 

Maybe there is a better way as I have a very limited knowledge about font standards. But this approach makes sense to me. Now I just need to create a simple script to go from text to SVG or G-CODE. 

Update: I just put my code where my mouth was.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VFD control with Arduino using RS485 link

How to get sinusoidal s-curve for a stepper motor

Stepper motor step signal timing calculation