Fixing Hardy audio problem with Pulseaudio

One of the few problems I've got with Hardy (Ubuntu 8.04) has been a weird audio problem. It looks like Flash plugin and any other application that plays audio do not like each other. So I have had to close Firefox completely to get audio working again in, let's say Rythmbox.

My audio device is Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 02)

I research the problem a bit and I've found three pieces of advice:

1) Install libflashsupport (which did not fix my problem)
2) Restart pulseaudio (that might be done right by killall -9 pulseaudio) or kill gnome-power-manager
3) As suggested here: asoundconf set-pulseaudio (this one worked for me)

Now I can play a song on Rythmbox while viewing (and listening) a video on youtube. Something it was possible on previous versions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VFD control with Arduino using RS485 link

How to get sinusoidal s-curve for a stepper motor

Stepper motor step signal timing calculation