Patience may be rewarded

From Wikipedia: Patience is the state of endurance under difficult circumstances, which can mean persevering in the face of delay or provocation without becoming annoyed or upset; or exhibiting forbearance when under strain, especially when faced with longer-term difficulties.

When the delivery deadline was reached without getting my Kindle DX I was told to call Kindle Customer Support. Though I've insisted I was abroad I was given no other option that to get a refund.

Three calls later, and three extra waiting days, I was "rewarded" by a new shipment, this time One-Day Shipping at no extra cost from Amazon. I still do not want to start dancing till I get it home. However I hope this time delivery will happen (if not, I will find out quickly).

I am really happy I could use Skype to call Kindle Customer Support 800 line. If not it would have become an expensive enterprise as it took me more than half an hour at the phone to get this result. In fact, last Friday I was told a refund was my only choice, but thankfully today I've been offered a new delivery, fast shipping, no hassle. I would say this is the way of doing business right. Especially once first delivery has failed and I've been patiently waiting all these 22 days.

What it is particularly ironic is the fact that Skype is an eBay company (see two posts back).

Update: It arrived to my remailer address on time. Good job Amazon!. Now I'm sitting here waiting for my remailer to contact me so it can be forwarded.

Update2: Remailer worked as expected and my Kindle is flying home. I hope I'll receive it tomorrow Thu, Dec 3th. It was surprising there was such a thin difference (10%) on Fedex and USPS rates.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VFD control with Arduino using RS485 link

How to get sinusoidal s-curve for a stepper motor

Stepper motor step signal timing calculation