Apple knows how to make friends too.


Sony has presented itself during the last years as a company that has no problem suing their own clients and fans. Several lawsuits against hackers that unlocked previously existing features on some Sony products were dragged to court. I do not think this is a smart move.

Corporations need to understand that customers are a blessing and not a curse. Even if they do not plan on using the product they are buying the way the corporation wants them too. I do not think a company would be offended if I am buying a TV set just to use it as a door step. But even if the are, they can keep that feeling to themselves as they are keeping my money too. Business is more about making money and less about exerting power over your user base.

Apple has been involved in several lawsuits recently to prevent other corporations (i.e: Amazon, Microsoft) to use the term "App Store". It is unclear whether the term is too generic to be protected or not, but it does not look good for Apple at the moment.

But what really pisses me off is that now Apple is bullying the start-up of a friend of mine, Amahi, not to use the term App Store too. On one hand I guess my friend should be proud for his company to be put in the same basket as Microsoft or Amazon but I am pretty sure his company's revenue is just peanuts compared to the others. But on the other hand I think it is the wrong PR movement. You do not get popular by suing kids or small firms. And while a C&D is not a lawsuit, it is the last warning before the elephant jumps on top of your company. I think it is better to compete in terms of how good your technology is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VFD control with Arduino using RS485 link

How to get sinusoidal s-curve for a stepper motor

Stepper motor step signal timing calculation