Fighting with computers

Computers are not always friendly.

Friday, September 04, 2009

Code Jam 2009

I've just passed the qualification round of Code Jam with the feeling that I'm getting dumber every year. I only passed the first problem (Alien) and I've got stuck on the second problem (Water Basins). Third one (Welcome string) looked like the Speed Limit problem on 2008, but I did not attempt to do it.

A plausible excuse is that I did not have the time ... Yes, I like that: I was busy working so I did not have time to waste playing this Code Jam thing.

BTW, It was me the guy who asked about the error message on the Q&A. The error message said my solution file did not start with the string "Case #1:" but that was not true. The correct error message should have been that my solution file did not start with the string "Case #1: ". The difference being the space after the colon.

Update: Here you have the three problems solved in Java.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:16 am, Anonymous vierito5 said…

    Seems a pretty hard contest, good luck!

     
  • At 1:21 pm, Blogger Miguel Sánchez said…

    Not as bad as it might look, however you have to be good and fast.

    I like coding. I like puzzles. But there is a ton of faster & smarter people out there :-(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home