Apple, you ruined the upgrade experience, sort of.

 


Given that my previous cellphone renovation was a switch from Android to iPhone, I did not expect it to go smoothly, and it did not, primarily because of the WhatsApp database export. But this time, moving from one iPhone to a newer iPhone, I expected a smooth transition.

The process started nicely; the new iPhone guided me through a process to find the old one and begin transferring data. However, at a given point, I was left with the latest iPhone stuck in the process (with a non-working link that prevented the import from finishing). To make things worse, the old iPhone was asking me if it was ok to delete all data and restore it to factory defaults (which I did not want to do before I was sure all my data was safely transferred and all my apps were working correctly on the new iPhone).

I could only think that calling Apple was the only choice, and I am glad I did, as they helped me sort this out. However, all that ruins the experience of a smooth transition. Even worse, they recognized they were having trouble as some devices failed to properly authenticate with the user's Apple ID. The solution was, apparently, to change the Apple ID account password using the old iPhone. A few minutes later, I was asked to reboot the new iPhone, and things finally worked as they should.

Is that what you expect after shelling out a hefty price: definitely not. 

Once that was sorted, the new iPhone contained all the original data and apps, which all seemed to work. The only intervention I needed was to detach the smartwatch from the old iPhone's Bluetooth and connect it to the new one. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VFD control with Arduino using RS485 link

How to get sinusoidal s-curve for a stepper motor

Stepper motor step signal timing calculation